cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pac code/ number transfer issue

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
I have been on an EE contract and am changing to 02. I phoned EE for a Pac code and gave the information to 02. I was told it would take 24hours. However, it has been 2 days and all incoming texts and phone calls are still going through to my old phone/old sim. My new phone/new sim is not receiving anything but if I phone someone, my old number does come up and has been transferred. Basically both phones now have my old number but new phone is not receieving anything and old phone is receiving all incoming. I've phoned customer services and no joy yet...
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Ok, so it's only just started this morning so yes, you need 24 hours to fully port everything and do keep rebooting every half hour or so.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Sounds like the transfer is in an incomplete state. Best course of action is to call O2 and get them to restart the process.
Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
When did the transfer start as it can take 24 hours to fully port all services.
You also need to reboot your phone a few times.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks.
I gave 02 the pac code on Wednesday and received a text on Wednesday to say the transfer would be completed on Friday.
I received a text on my old phone this morning saying welcome to 02 which confused me... that's my old ee sim and old phone.
Maybe I just need to wait until later today but I just want to make sure it is done by the end of today as I'm going abroad on Sunday and need to be contactable!
Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Ok, so it's only just started this morning so yes, you need 24 hours to fully port everything and do keep rebooting every half hour or so.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 6

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous how is your Monday going? Just wanted to ask if the number transfer got completed in the end? slight_smile

Message 6 of 6