cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PHONE BARRED

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.

I received a replacement sim on 21st June.After inserting the new sim card i could not make or receive calls.I called customer services and ended up in S.Africa where the agent went through all the preliminary checks and he came to the conclusion that the sim was barred bothways,but not to worry he assured me that he would remove the barring and to give it 24 hours for it to work through the system.A question at this point,why was a new sim card barred?Yesterday after the 24 hour wait i switched on and still had no service.So i called customer services again,this time i got through to the UK call centre,and after the usual preliminaries the agent went off the line and when he came back he said he had been talking to his line manager who had told him that there was a network problem that is preventing call barring to be removed,and that they had no idea when this problem will be fixed.At this point although i was not happy,i took his explanation on the chin.I then decided to go online to see if there were any articles regarding this "problem"but i could not find any articles on just a cursory search.After waking this morning switched on,still no service,this will be the fourth day.Is there an email address to send in my complaint,i like everything in black and white so what was said by the agent is there for all to see.All comments are very welcome. 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Complaints is on this link http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus but it may be a phone and account bar so you should call back and ask them to check both.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Complaints is on this link http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus but it may be a phone and account bar so you should call back and ask them to check both.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I haven't heard of any system problems preventing an account bar being removed and it is usually done almost immediately if an adviser has access to the system. I'm not sure overseas advisers do but I would suspect not. 

If you reported a sim lost or stolen it is possible they blocked the sim AND the handset so as @MI5 says you need to call again to find out. 

Now... Was the sim reported loss or was it simply a replacement? If a straight replacement you would have been sent a blank sim and need to do a sim swap. If you don't have the original sim then customer service would have to do this for you. 

The reason O2 don't send out actions sim cards is in case they go missing via Royal Mail, you wouldn't want it mailed through the wrong door and someone to rack up charges to your account. 

Message 3 of 3