cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAC number

Anonymous
Not applicable

How long does it take to send

a PAC number? Yesterday at 13.00 I was told it would be sent by text shortly.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35918 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1589 Solutions

In my garbled way, I am agreeing with you, @Bambino, it should be possible for the PAC code section to be operated at weekends too, without having to shell out for overtime. Depends on how the shift pattern the team that supports such activities works, I guess. A shift premium usually applies for nights, for example, and what is day time in the UK is bound to be night in the part of the world where the PAC CS personnel are located..

Message 21 of 24

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Okay @pgn, I understand what you mean now. I haven't a clue as to where the PAC personnel are located, so I wouldn't be able to comment on that, but O2 still does maintain some CS call centres in the UK. If some are abroad it's a reasonable assumption to think that they would be working at different hours, and if they were far enough away they would be working nights. I have a contract with Three, and I know their CS is located in the Philippines. That must certainly be night when it's day in the UK. I'm not suggesting that O2 employees should work unreasonable nighttime hours. I'm only suggesting weekend daytime. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 22 of 24

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35918 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1589 Solutions
Message 23 of 24

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Even when I worked on the porting team back in 1999-2000 we didn't work weekends. It was one of the most sought after jobs because of that.

Personnel who did work weekends were paid time and a half Saturday and double time Sunday and these were also much sought after shifts again for that reason and mostly by the ethnic employees. But.... they didn't do porting. 

Things have progressed a lot since then and you would have thought the mobile industry would have followed in respect of porting. Maybe it's a time honoured thing.... 

Message 24 of 24