cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAC Code Refused

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have an O2 account with 2 mobile phones and both phones are still being paid off.  I would like to switch mobile provider, but continue to pay off my device plans with O2.

It was my understanding that the device plans and the airtime are independent contracts with separate payments and that one can exist without the other.  However when I contacted O2 live chat to get my PAC codes but they refused saying that I must pay off the device plans first.

Is this in keeping with the Ofcom rules?  Can I be refused PAC codes because I am still paying off the devices?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Information about cancelling contracts in this guide....https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/highlight/true#M56526

If in Refresh the remaining balance on the phones must be paid off

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Information about cancelling contracts in this guide....https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/highlight/true#M56526

If in Refresh the remaining balance on the phones must be paid off

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes, the device must be paid off and you can keep the airtime running independently, but not the other way around.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not according to Ofcom:

"The only reasons why a provider can refuse to give a PAC are:

• the number does not belong to the customer of the losing mobile provider
  • the account for that number has been terminated
  • the account holder has died
  • a PAC has already been issued and is still valid
  • the customer has not adequately proved that he or she is the legitimate account holder.

Your provider cannot refuse to issue a PAC if you have any outstanding bills or charges to pay.

These charges should be included in your final bill after the port has taken place. You should then settle them as agreed in your contract."

http://ask.ofcom.org.uk/help/telephone/refuse_PAC

I'm currently at odds with them over Pay As You Go numbers as O2 insist you have to top up first, but that sems to contradict Ofcom's rules as outlined in bold type above.   

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It has always been they way for PAYG sims with o2.
I doubt ofcom will rule any differently.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 92915 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions