cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 simplicity & blackberry

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have a few questions on Simplicity and blackberry's. We're looking at a 12month contract on simplicity - 300mins, 100MB data.

1) Is blackberry data usage free or does this come out of the standard data usage allowance (100MB)? This doesn't seem to be mentioned where as other operators (such as Vodafone) state that it is excluded from the data allowance.

2) How much does data cost if you use more than the included data usage? I couldn't find this defined in T&C's.

3) I've seen mention of needing a blackberry bolton but this doesn't seem to be mentioned on the simplicity pages and isnt an option when you add it to the basket (there is a bolt on section, but nothign to add?).

Thanks for help.

John

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Wierd. Shows Bb data already being added for me.

No sorry the 100mb is separate to blackberry data.

If its not showing any form of blackberry data for you in the shopping basket I can only advise trying another browser or phoning CS or using online chat to make the order.

Wouldn't want you to incur charges for not having the blackberry plan.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Do you already have a blackberry my friend?

If so then check out the sim only versions here.
http://shop.o2.co.uk/tariffs/simplicity/1_month

1) blackberry data is not included unfortunatly. When you use things like BBM or their mail servers you'll be using blackberry data instead of the normal plan.

2) as far as I'm aware once you hit your limit there are no charges only your speeds will be throttled to basically unusable speeds.

3)bolt on is shown in the link above I'm unsure why its not on the normal pages.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes. Already have the blackberry.

So blackberry data comes out of the 100MB data allowance? Sorry, wasn't quite clear what you were referring to there as you say it comes out of blackberry data?

On that page, I selected Blackberry, 12 months then Low data usage. If I add the 300mins one to basket

The link above doesn't mention any blackberry addons either for me. When I click the link to All Bolt on's after adding it to basket it takes me to a page for "Bolt Ons for your Sony Xperia T"!!

Thanks,

John
Message 3 of 9

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Wierd. Shows Bb data already being added for me.

No sorry the 100mb is separate to blackberry data.

If its not showing any form of blackberry data for you in the shopping basket I can only advise trying another browser or phoning CS or using online chat to make the order.

Wouldn't want you to incur charges for not having the blackberry plan.
Message 4 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
There is a PAYG BB tariff here http://shop.o2.co.uk/tariffs/Pay_and_Go scroll down to text & web for Blackberry
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 9

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
There is a PAYG BB tariff here http://shop.o2.co.uk/tariffs/Pay_and_Go scroll down to text & web for Blackberry

That's P & G, they're looking for a Simplicity 12 month contract and there doesn't seem to be one in the shop.

I guess you have to phone in for the BB bolt on to be added.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yep, there was a clue in "There is a PAYG BB tariff" wink

Just offered up as an alternative....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 9

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Not critising, we can all miss stuff when the forum is busy.:smileyhappy:

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Just yanking yer chain wink

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9