cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Travel Charges even for days when I did not use the service

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am being charged 4.99 every day for O2 Travel, even when I do not send messages or make calls from my phone. My data is also disabled. What is going on?

Message 1 of 56
55 REPLIES 55

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Something must be triggering the charge.
Call customer services to ask what.
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 56

jonsie
  • 93218 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Maybe you have data roaming disabled but have you also switched off Mobile data completely? If you are contract then download TU and leave put the phone in flight mode. You will still get your messages through the app over wifi.

Message 3 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had that last month, didn't even know what it was but apparently I opted into it. And i've no idea how it worked when i'd turned off mobile and roaming data to use the free hotel wifi. Currently waiting to be refunded this charge.

Message 4 of 56

chrisymon
  • 134 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Check what  o2 travel you opted for as i beleave that some you take out are a rollover until you stop it by contacting o2.  Have seen many contracts with this built in or added into the tarriff for people that travel a lot.

"I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited." Currently using S7 edge
Message 5 of 56

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
It's default "on" for every contract taken directly with O2 and I'm not aware there are any different o2 travel packages to choose from - again, this is default depending on country visited.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 56

jonsie
  • 93218 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

@chrisymon wrote:

Check what  o2 travel you opted for as i beleave that some you take out are a rollover until you stop it by contacting o2.  Have seen many contracts with this built in or added into the tarriff for people that travel a lot.

Wow, that's a new one and this shouldn't be allowed. Never seen it in the T&Cs either.

Message 7 of 56

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Need to see proof that that exists.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 56

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@chrisymon wrote:

Wow, that's a new one and this shouldn't be allowed. Never seen it in the T&Cs either.

Neither have I.....I was unaware there was any variation. All stays the same for me whenever I travel abroad...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 56

chrisymon
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 134 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
  1. O2 Travel is available to Consumer Pay Monthly customers.
  2. In order to benefit you must be registered for O2 Travel.
  3. If you opt in, O2 Travel may take up to 24 hours to be applied to your account. If you choose to opt out of O2 Travel, you will be charged our standard roaming rates. For details of these rates, please visit o2.co.uk/international.
  4. O2 Travel is available in selected destinations and may be subject to change from time to time. Details of these are available at o2.co.uk/international.
  5. O2 Travel is for smartphone use only and not for use via other devices.
  6. O2 Travel is for your personal non-commercial use. If you're using it, in our reasonable opinion, for commercial purposes or contrary to your terms of service, we'll charge you our standard roaming rates or restrict your use.
  7. Your standard terms and conditions of service (including your tariff terms and your airtime agreement) will continue to apply when using O2 Travel.
  8. We may vary or amend these terms, but if it's to your significant disadvantage we'll notify you.
  9. We may remove or discontinue O2 Travel at any time.
  10. We reserve the right to terminate your use of O2 Travel, if you are, in our reasonable opinion, in breach of your terms of service.
  11. For more details on O2 Travel, 
"I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited." Currently using S7 edge
Message 10 of 56