cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Travel Charges even for days when I did not use the service

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am being charged 4.99 every day for O2 Travel, even when I do not send messages or make calls from my phone. My data is also disabled. What is going on?

Message 1 of 56
55 REPLIES 55

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
That's all we know Adam.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 51 of 56

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Toby can we have some clarification on this thread please in relation to this post and the discussion that followed https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/O2-Travel-Charges-even-for-days-when-I-did-not-...

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 52 of 56

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Interesting find and thanks for raising it here.
@MercedesS @Marjo @Martin-O2 something to feedback?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 53 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable

Something else you and all other O2 Travel users should be aware of. It seems since the change in EU charges from July this year O2 upgraded their systems however made a massvie blunder at the same time. Anyone using O2 travel in non EU but inclusive O2 destinations (UAE, South Africa etc) are now being charged for RECEIVING calls as well. As you may know recieving calls in O2 travel destinations is free up to 120 minutes per day, and I used this without many issues for a year until this July when suddenly the 4.99 charge started appearing for each day even though I made no outgoing calls, sent any sms or used any data.

To add to their stupidity (and stress to me) when contacting O2 customer service, they would spend almost 30 mins arguing that the charges are correct, BECAUSE on their screen it actually shows that in those destinations the 4.99 charge will be triggered by "receieving calls" despite the official O2 website clearly showing to the contrary. After call number 6 I managed to get one of these "advisors" to scroll to their own website and see where they were going wrong (and the fact that I had been using it like that way for a year without any issue). They admitted they had the wrong info on their system and that they would raise the issue - no **** sherlock I said. Anyway the escalation never happened and long story short eventually after many more useless calls and online chats where I was not really getting anywhere I discovered Resolver. After only two days of loging my complaint via resolver I finally got a decent response. 

I also now have charges credited back and a compensation amount, however the issue is still ongoing and I believe that its related to a system change during the EU charges change - possibly. I have a direct line to a Capita guy who will keep nulling any incorrect charges until O2 resolve the issue.

I believe many more people may have fallen victim to this and are not aware so I hope they can read this and take action if required. The O2 webite O2 travel section clearly explains everything but sadly the O2 advisors are unaware, O2 service has really slipped over the last couple of years unfortunatley. 

Message 54 of 56

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Interesting find and thanks for raising it here.
@MercedesS @Marjo @Martin-O2 something to feedback?

We will try winkthumbsup

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 55 of 56

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous and @MI5

I just wanted to confirm that O2 has raised a case to investigate further your complaint and see if there is a problem. I can assure you that we’ll do everything we can to resolve the matter. heart

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 56 of 56