cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 PAC release obstruction

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why do o2 refuse to provide my PAC code? This is against British Law (referencing Ofcom)

In one webchat i was advised that o2 would not provide this over webchat, in a later conversation i was advised to try again in a couple of hours as they were currently having technical difficulties.  In both conversations i was provided a telephone number to call instead however, it is inconvenient for me to have to telephone when there are so may better mediums for communication.

Some weeks previous o2 sent me my PAC via SMS following a webchat conversation when i was discussing upgrades, that unfortunately expired but now i have my new phone and unfortunately with an alternative provider.

I provided o2 many opportunities to keep my business and i had had my current contract for over 7 years, yet they failed to arrange a suitable deal with me and i cannot help feeling that i am being lied to now and being made to fulfil unnecessary steps as some kind of punishment to leave them.

The o2 infrastructure cannot surely be so frail that the online webchat cannot make a PAC request anymore and believe that by making a telephone call to them will in anyway be any more secure than by my requesting this when logged into my online account.

Is this bullying approach a regular tactic of o2?  There seems no technical or valid customer service reason for it, simply a tactical one to protract a departing customers contractual relationship

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Markojemo
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 52 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Live chat do complete a form of security, I have done this many times when talking about account specific issues.

Message 11 of 17

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

O2's policy concerning loyalty has changed. Everyone now, new and old customers, are supposedly offered the same. If you still have a one month rolling contract with O2, just call Customer Services on 202 on your O2 phone, ask for your PAC and they will send you a text with your PAC. If you want your PAC, call them. If you want to go to Ofcom, who will totally ignore your complaint because you haven't gone through the complaint procedure, you can do that too.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 12 of 17

Markojemo
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 52 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I think the OP's point is being missed. Previously O2 have been able to provide it via live chat, now they arent. I dont feel anyone has the right to accuse the OP of making a "drama" out of it. For all we know the OP may not be in a position to call them.

Message 13 of 17

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

All we have to go on is the OP's version of events, so we don't know the whole story, and yes, threatening to take this to Ofcom without going through the formal complaint procedure is very dramatic. It's also needless, as this can be resolved very easily.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 14 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

This is a silly stand to make in my opinion. A simple phone call and you'll have your PAC, you are really making this into something that isn't. The OP has probably spent more time writing of his annoyance than the phone call would have taken.

Message 15 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Agree - i am complaining to Ofcom

o2 obstruct free markey by

charging for calls to get PAC

making PAC hard to abtain in other ways

Message 16 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous You are posting on a 3 year old thread.

Up to date information on getting your PAC here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/How-to-get-your-PAC-2017-Update/ba-p/1052278

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 17