cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 PAC release obstruction

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why do o2 refuse to provide my PAC code? This is against British Law (referencing Ofcom)

In one webchat i was advised that o2 would not provide this over webchat, in a later conversation i was advised to try again in a couple of hours as they were currently having technical difficulties.  In both conversations i was provided a telephone number to call instead however, it is inconvenient for me to have to telephone when there are so may better mediums for communication.

Some weeks previous o2 sent me my PAC via SMS following a webchat conversation when i was discussing upgrades, that unfortunately expired but now i have my new phone and unfortunately with an alternative provider.

I provided o2 many opportunities to keep my business and i had had my current contract for over 7 years, yet they failed to arrange a suitable deal with me and i cannot help feeling that i am being lied to now and being made to fulfil unnecessary steps as some kind of punishment to leave them.

The o2 infrastructure cannot surely be so frail that the online webchat cannot make a PAC request anymore and believe that by making a telephone call to them will in anyway be any more secure than by my requesting this when logged into my online account.

Is this bullying approach a regular tactic of o2?  There seems no technical or valid customer service reason for it, simply a tactical one to protract a departing customers contractual relationship

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Failure to release a PAC within 2 hours without good reason goes against strict Ofcom regulations.

"System issues" are a good excuse but not your problem.

Is there a reason they are holding your PAC to randsom?

Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope, no reason.

Both webchats insist that i have to telephone a number to have my PAC released however, the first webchat said it cannot be done online and the second webchat said i could try again in a couple of hours as the team were having some technical difficulties.

o2 sent me my PAC some weeks previously without forcing me into having to telephone some number and i cannot belive that their technical problems would leave them with no internet access to respond to their colleagues email or webchat request.

This is disgraceful, its bullying and unethical

Message 3 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

If less than 4 weeks ago, the original PAC would still be valid and they would be unable to generate a new one.

If over 30 days old, a new PAC should be supplied within 2 hours (unless more than 10 numbers on same PAC)

Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I tried the original PAC this morning but it had expired some days ago.

Given my two conversations with o2 today so far I am not expecting my PAC to be sent to me again without complying with their archaic request of having to make an unsecure telephone call which is just wrong and i shall report it to Ofcom if thats how it proceeds.

Customers should not be penalised for poor Loyalty or Sales teams failures

Message 5 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
We have been told that a pac code can be supplied by Online Live Chat.

They are non uk outsourced call centres who can sometimes get confused or things wrong.

You can put your concerns to O2 via http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain

Let us know how you get on.
Message 6 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
O2 aren't refusing you a PAC so I don't see where you can go with OFCOM.
They have advised that you call, which is secure as you will have to pass security before your account will be discussed.
Rather than make a huge fuss, why not just make the call ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

because its bad customer practice

If no-one makes a 'fuss' then things do not improve in life generally

They are obstructing easy transition from one provider to another, the main utilties are receiving bad publicity of this and mobile companies such as o2 could get in front of the curve and pick up their game before they are the next ones to be hauled up infront of parlimentary panels and review boards

Message 8 of 17

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Anonymous You say you have a new phone and new contract with another provider. Do you still have a contract with O2?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Yes, i still have an o2 contract, that technically ended some 5 years ago and has just rolled on as i am not a big fan of changing phones at the earliest opportunity.  Had the same one for 7 years and thought i ought to change

I was happy to have stayed with o2 but they didnt try hard to keep my business and an o2 guy in a shop said that i wasnt important, if i left there would be another customer so loyalty wasnt important anymore

Sad attitude

Message 10 of 17