Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
It's that time of year again!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

A bit poor!. I have never had a Refresh contract but even so, I know the difference between device and airtime and would find that very confusing.....:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 22

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for sharing @viridis I'll pass this on to the rest of the team. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 22

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

Just in case anybody stumbles across this thread in search on info about the price change, everything is here slight_smile http://www.o2.co.uk/prices

I was a bit surprised myself yesterday when an email popped up about my device plan payment, and I'd hoped that I was being offered an unexpected discount, haha! Bit of a mismatch between the subject and content of the email...oops.  

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 5 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Interesting link @Wa10. It gives you an option to find out what your tariff price will be after April 1st. What happens I wonder to those (like myself) who took out a sim only plan which offered a 50% discount for the first 6 mths? My tariff is £18 a month. It will go up to £18.46...so will I be paying £9.23 until the 6month discount ends? No big deal as it's only pence...but.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 22

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12056 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Like the function enabling you to see what your amount will be after the increase. Thanks for the link!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 22

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

Exactly that @Cleoriff, the increase applies to the base price before any discount.

So in your case, as you say, your base bill price will increase to £18.46, and you will receive 50% discount off that during the term of the promo. slight_smile

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 8 of 22

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
I've not had an email so mine must not be going up tongue
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I've not had an email so mine must not be going up tongue

Nor me. Delighted. Not sure my bank balance could take a 46p increase. Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 22