cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No refund for returned item.

Anonymous
Not applicable

When I ordered my phone I was offered an accessory pack to go with it. I thought, at the itme, it would be a good idea as it had a case, screen protector and in-car charger.

When the phone and accessory pack arrived the case was too small, the screen protector too big and the charger had the wrong connector on the end.

As this kit was useless to me I called and got a returns envelope. I posted the pack back on 31st May and was told it would be credited to my next bill.

Now, two bills later, and I have no refund. O2 say they haven't returned it and it is lost in the post but still I have to pay.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
It's worth reporting it lost to the post office as first class gives cover upto £40.
They will take upto 28 days to investigate it but might be the only way to get refunded?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Did you get proof of postage?
If so you can make a claim with the post office.
If you just sent it with no proof or traceability it's one word against another's.
Keep trying with customer service to see if it's turned up anywhere.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Yes it's probably be waiting to be scanned back in....somewhere. Far too long to wait though.

You could always make a complaint here @Anonymous http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Edit: Spelling

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I assumed from the label that O2 would be able to track it, and as they didn't say proof of postage was required I didn't get it - yes I know, hindsight is a wonderful thing!

Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
What is the value of the kit?

Currently using:
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry for the late reply, the kit was £19.99
Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
It's worth reporting it lost to the post office as first class gives cover upto £40.
They will take upto 28 days to investigate it but might be the only way to get refunded?

Currently using:
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Two weeks ago they told me they were going to refund me and I asked for the refund to be paid into my bank account.

Yesterday I contacted customer services again because the refund hadn't appeared and they said it was going to be credited to my account because of an ongoing problem with refunds to the bank account.

If I hadn't got in touch with customer services about this I wouldn't have known.
Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Yes there is a distinct lack of communication and keeping customers informed. Hope all goes well now. 

Message 9 of 9