cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No coverage

Anonymous
Not applicable

I returned to the UK 18 months ago and have had a mobile phone with an O2 subscription since January 2016. I am baffled by the fact that where I live there is still no mobile phone coverage. I live between Ipswich and Norwich which is not exactly the back and beyond. I have gone for long walks in the middle of nowhere in Sweden and still had coverage. Why exactly am I paying for a monthly service that I do not receive. I have to drive 10 miles to get proper coverage. Apart from the inconvenience of not being able to make a phone call with a mobile phone, I have also missed text alerts from my bank and other institutions and individuals, as a consequence missing payments, missing out on assignments, etc. Why in God's name is it not possible to realise mobile phone coverage across this country. Very very disappointed.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You can use TU Go for calls and texts when at home on wifi http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go but if O2 isn't meeting your expectations you would be better off to try PAYG sims from other networks to see if you can receive a better service.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You can use TU Go for calls and texts when at home on wifi http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go but if O2 isn't meeting your expectations you would be better off to try PAYG sims from other networks to see if you can receive a better service.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

If I had little or no coverage for over a year I would certainly be looking to change networks. As said you can find the best for you by trying a few payg sims from all the other networks. Then choose a new provider..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 3