cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SIM - activated but not working?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have activated my new SIM (over 24 hours ago) and while the phone shows O2-UK, I cannot send or recieve calls or text messages on it, and it does not do anything involving data. I have tried restoring the phone to no avail.

I had my phone stolen last week, I recieved the replacement through the insurance company on Friday and the new SIM on Wednesday, could it be that when I called to activate the new SIM, they overlooked the bar on the account and so it wont let the new SIM work?

Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's almost certain that that they have not removed the bar on the simcard. If you can't dial out on the phone webchat SHOULD be able to resolve this for you.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Sometimes it takes a little longer than 24 hours to fully activate and turning the phone off and on throughout this period typically helps to reset the services.

However it is possible the bar on the sim has not been fully lifted, and would suggest you phone 02 Customer Services just to ensure they have done this.

Contract Customers.

From your O2 mobile 202 Free

From a landline 0844 809 0202 5p / min

PAYG Customers.

From your O2 mobile 4445 25p per call

From a landline 0844 809 0222 5p / min

Live Chat Services are fine for Low Level General Enquiries, not connected to Account Enquiries.

Message 2 of 12

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's almost certain that that they have not removed the bar on the simcard. If you can't dial out on the phone webchat SHOULD be able to resolve this for you.

Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I spoke to them this morning, they had not removed the bar on the account. They have now done so but I still have the same issue. I have again restored the phone as well as powered it off and on numerous times and re-seated the SIM card.

Any other ideas?
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Morning,

Now the bar has been lifted your back to the 24 hour re activation process procedure.

Keep turning your phone off and on throughout this period.

Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
It has been longer that 24 hours, no change.

I'm going to have to spend a fortune phoning these people again from my other mobile, aren't I?
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
It once took 2 days for an activation of all services for me.

Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
The web chat person had screwed it up and bars were still in place, everything was working within seconds of phoning them. Lesson learned, never rely on the webchat to do anything!
Message 8 of 12

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
The web chat person had screwed it up and bars were still in place, everything was working within seconds of phoning them. Lesson learned, never rely on the webchat to do anything!

That's why we always advise calling rather than use webchat. Glad you have finally sorted it slight_smile

Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi- I had a new sim apparently activated today but it still isn't working. That was at 11am. Why is it taking so long? I was on the phone trying to get through for 29 minutes- can't bare the thought of going through all that again. Argh!!!

Message 10 of 12