Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Never been so hard to pay a bill

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, last attempt.

I recently left O2, left for EE. 

Couple days later I recieved a final bill of £30.58 which says it would be taken by direct debit, I didnt have direct debit setup, I always paid online/through the app. I went online to pay it and couldn't login, reset password and still couldn't login. Turns out O2 has closed my online account straight away.

Great.

I head over to live chat, explain the situation and then I'm told to call this number free on my O2 device, have you been listening? Yes sir, please call this number on your O2 device free he repeated again. I leave the chat with you get someone to call me on this number and I will gladly pay my bill.

Couple of days went past, nothing, I head to Twitter DM's with O2, now you may think why don't you just ring up? A premium rate number, paying to listen to a dodgy music whilst I wait. 

Where do they direct me? Back to live chat. 

Now the next day I get an email from O2 saying they are processing my refund, £16.98 appears in my bank a couple days later and I'm thinking that maybe the final bill was an error, they actually owed me.

Nope. I then get a text being threatened with a £3.50 charge for not paying my bill so I head back to Twitter DM's again, drop my number in and request a call. Request ignored.

This morning I have an email from O2 with my next bill, this time it's £14.08 please pay within 14 days.

So I go on the hunt, I'll drop O2 an email, get something else on record of my attempt to pay a bill by requesting a call. Nope, no email contact for email. It's either live chat or premium rate call. 

I have a collection of screenshots saved from all these conversations and repeated requests to get my call. 

O2 this is one more, drop me a private message I'll give you my number, I'll pay my bill but would like to have some explanation as to why the 2 bills and refund, not arguing the amount, just makes little sense thats all. 

You know where I am. slight_smile 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Hi @Anonymous.
This is not o2 customer service. This is a community for o2 customers. This means that (almost certainly) no-one from o2 will read this or call you.
As this is an account based query, we (me or anyone else here) cannot look into this to see what is going on.
There is a number to call which might be free if you have 03 numbers included in your allowances.
It is 0344 8090202.
o2 don't have an email contact unless it is a complaint.
All other ways to contact them are found on the below link:
https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Hi @Anonymous.
This is not o2 customer service. This is a community for o2 customers. This means that (almost certainly) no-one from o2 will read this or call you.
As this is an account based query, we (me or anyone else here) cannot look into this to see what is going on.
There is a number to call which might be free if you have 03 numbers included in your allowances.
It is 0344 8090202.
o2 don't have an email contact unless it is a complaint.
All other ways to contact them are found on the below link:
https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 6

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Woah you're on a track to a non payment strike on your credit file if you don't get this bill paid. O2 categorically will NOT call you from posting here as it's a customer to customer forum.

My advise is to try the above number offered but if that doesn't work then bite the bullet and just call them. O2 always send in bailiffs also, every single time. They've done it to ppl for pennies, they've ruined ppl's credit file for pennies. Don't allow your annoyance to effect your ability to get on in life in the future, or do. Your choice 😟
Message 3 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Try these numbers
Switchboard: +44 (0)113 272 2000 Call: +44 (0)113 272 2000
Message 4 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Where did you get the idea it was a premium rate number to call?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous how are you getting on with this? Did you manage to get your final bill paid? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 6