cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOT REGISTERED ON NETWORK

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi guys and girls, got a bit of a problem and im hoping its at o2's end and not mine.

had my galaxy s5 since release date around 2 months ago and had no problems until yesterday. when i try make a phone call i get "not registered on network" error message. sometimes turning my phone off and on again gives me 5 or so minutes of signal then it drops again. this also affects data and text messages. i also get "selected network (o2-uk) unavailable" in my notification bar and searching for it on the mobile networks option only lets me reconnect sometimes (maybe 1 in 5 times)

any help much appreciated!

cheers

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Where did you get your phone from?
Is it new or second hand?
Have you requested any changes to your account etc?
Contract or PAYG?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Guys - this has been happenning to my also for last 6 weeks or so on a my s5. I have noticed when when this happens I can often be in an area where I expect the o2 signal to be weak. I may have a strong signal so I suspect it has connected to a different network. Trouble is S5 seems to be pretty dumb at switching back automatically. Ive just rebooted mine as was getting the error and I received a load of messages from previous evening so hell knows how long its been offline. Not great and there is no roaming setting that I can see on the phone. Give me a Nokia 6210 any day.

Message 22 of 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Flicking airplane mode on / off can be quicker than rebooting and has the same effect.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 23