cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOT REGISTERED ON NETWORK

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi guys and girls, got a bit of a problem and im hoping its at o2's end and not mine.

had my galaxy s5 since release date around 2 months ago and had no problems until yesterday. when i try make a phone call i get "not registered on network" error message. sometimes turning my phone off and on again gives me 5 or so minutes of signal then it drops again. this also affects data and text messages. i also get "selected network (o2-uk) unavailable" in my notification bar and searching for it on the mobile networks option only lets me reconnect sometimes (maybe 1 in 5 times)

any help much appreciated!

cheers

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to update for anyone that may come across this, I went to my local o2 store today and they tried my sim in other phones, other sims in my phone etc and sent me away with a new sim card to see what happens over the next 24 hours. Already it's giving me problems the same as before so I think I'll be sending my phone off for repair through the o2 shop I bought it from. Strange thing was one of the guys said someone came in with the same problem yesterday which was fixed with a factory reset... Unfortunately that hasn't worked for me. Ill update when I have some news. Thanks so far everyone

Message 11 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous said "so I think I'll be sending my phone off for repair through the o2 shop I bought it from"

I hope this resolves for you soon.

Regarding a repair I would suggest you go through the manufacturer of the phone as they know their hardware and software better. Just google for their Uk support page.

Of course it's up to you if you wish to utilise O2 repairs.

Let us know how you get on.
Message 12 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

already took it to an o2 shop. nearest samsung shop to me doesnt have the repair facilities just yet and the next one is an hour and a half away in York! 😞

Message 13 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you checked that your area actually has signal?

O2.co.uk/coverage and enter your postcode to see what signal is available. If you are unsure please send me your postcode via private message and I will check for you.
Message 14 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Fyi Your phone may show signal on the signal bars but not actually be connected to o2. This would be because there is no o2 service available but in the event you needed to call 999 or similar your device would pick up any network with signal.
Message 15 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi mate, i definitely should have o2 signal as i have never been affected before until the last week or so. i checked on the site and there was no reported problems and my area(s) have full 3G coverage

thanks

Message 16 of 23

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi arobson.

Sorry to hear you're still having trouble! Have you contact CS again today?
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 17 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Can anyone help, i got this message today and have restarted my phone and updated all the information several times, but still no luck!! 

Message 18 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Please contact customer services on 202 contract or 4445 payg to have your account checked.
Message 19 of 23

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 20 of 23