cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to New Zealand

Anonymous
Not applicable

MHi My son is going to New Zealand to work for a year he has a contract with O2 can he use this net work over there or will he need to unlock it to a new sim and how do you do that ?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144205 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Unlocking help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-S... he can use his o2 sim but not practice for everyday use over a long time unless he can use Tugo over wifi and utilise his U.K. Allowances.
Tugo can also be used with a local sim for data.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 144205 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Tugo link here http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Far better long term to get it unlocked and use a local sim ....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous  Be aware that if your son unlocks his phone and uses a local sim he'll still have to carry on paying his O2 contract. If he's on a Refresh contract he can pay off the device and cancel the airtime if he could afford to do that, but he would also lose his O2 number.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 5