cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS charge

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, m runnin on SG S4 which turns long mesages into MMS (after update). Has anything changed that O2 charge for MMS 0.29? I have unlimited mesages so as I remember 1 picture mesage is count as 5 normal mesages of monthly allowance. Just asking before I call customer service. 70p wont wreck my credit, just the point m charged for something which should be free makes me Crazy

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

MMS are not included in your allowance unfortunately

Can you turn MMs off in your phone? That will stop the charges

Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, when it changed?

Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Look at alternatives such as e mail , BBM, whatsapp and viber for example.

Message 4 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
It changed about 4 or 5 years ago (unless you had a legacy tariff until recently)?
In message app, open settings and tick "warn me about MMS conversion", then you will get a pop up message whilst typing your message if the phone converts it to an MMS.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I went throw the settings and switched off hope it works. Usualy using viber or wats up, but that crap turned to mms.

Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes unfortunately this was one of the things we lost with all the tariff changes you can add an mms bolt on for £5.11 a month for 50mms
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

The problem is that notifocation was on, just surprised that I was charged. 5 years ago? So goin complain anyway, no one inform me since about this change and I have still same number.

Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can try I did get the bolt on added free of charge when I complained that was some time ago now
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Damien1: All tarrifs? I never send mms as no 3G, it happen when I was shoppin there was 3G available, 3% of Northern Ireland, so I have try send it. Just will ask the person if she receive it. If not they can't charge, is it right?

Message 10 of 11