cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late upgrade help

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello!

I went on o2 website and click upgrade to sim only 2 days after contracted should of ended (19th June) as I wanted to keep phone and number. It says I still have to pay for old phone contract on July 4th 2017 but I switched to sim only upgrade?

Also I chose the sim only contract which used to cost £26 but saving deal £11 so it's £15 final but when I check my tariff it says I have to pay the full £26.

Please help!
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144204 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
You still have to give 30 days notice so you will be billed to the start of your next billing cycle which is when the change will take place.
The discount off your tariff will be applied as a bolt on shown in your MyO2 but the top line tariff rate will always be shown at the non discounted price.
You will, however, only pay the £15 for the tariff assuming you don't go over your allowance.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous

The £26 will show on your bill as that is your tariff but any discount will come off your bill at the time it is generated & should show as a discount or bolt on in your myo2 

Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 144204 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
You still have to give 30 days notice so you will be billed to the start of your next billing cycle which is when the change will take place.
The discount off your tariff will be applied as a bolt on shown in your MyO2 but the top line tariff rate will always be shown at the non discounted price.
You will, however, only pay the £15 for the tariff assuming you don't go over your allowance.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ohh ok! I'll call them up for 30 day notice contract cancel. Thanks a lot !
Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 144204 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
The notice period is automatic but the change won't happen until your next billing cycle unless you ask them to change it immediately when you call them.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 6

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous, welcome to the O2 community!

It is great to see that @MI5 and @Anonymous helped you heart 

We hope to see you around! Wave

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 6 of 6