cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping the old number - Problem

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I recently requested transfering my old number (Talkmobile) to the O2 network. I got a text yesterday saying that the transfer was completed but I have a problem. Both SIMs are still working. If I make a call with my new O2 SIM to a person, the person sees me with my old number. If the same person calls me back, the call goes to the old SIM (Talkmobile) and not the new O2 SIM. When I log in to My O2 account, the number shown is the old number which verifies that the transfer has been completed. So I still have to carry both phones which is very annoying. BTW, if I turn off the old SIM and someone tries to call me on my old number, the call goes to the Talkmobile Voicemail. So in conclusion, I can use my new phone and O2 SIM to make calls and browse the internet with my old number but I can't receive calls on my new phone, the calls are directed to the old phone with the Talkmobile SIM. I should note that the Talkmobile account is not expired yet, I should have a couple of weeks left, I don't know if that makes any different. 

Can anyone help me on this?

Best regards

Nikos

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144326 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You have a split port.
Call customer service to sort it for you.
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144326 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You have a split port.
Call customer service to sort it for you.
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Welcome to our forum @Anonymous! As MI5 suggested above, this is something that Customer Service has to take a look at for you. Please do let us know how it goes though, we would love to hear back from you. slight_smile

Thanks @MI5!

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Many thanks MI5 smile thumbsup

I called the customer service and my problem was fixed after 25 hours. clap

Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 144326 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
That's great news. Thanks for letting us know slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 5 of 6

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

That's awesome, @Anonymous! Cheers for confirming.

@MI5 thumbsup sun !

Message 6 of 6