cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping my original number

Anonymous
Not applicable

Apologies if this has been asked before!

How long has it taken people to have their original number from another network ported over to o2?

I’ll have been waiting a week tomorrow, according to the help page, I should receive texts confirming this & on the day it’ll port. I haven’t received anything yet!

Its kind of annoying having to take 2 phones around with me now haha. 

I contacted both networks a few days ago & it’s still pending on o2 & they told me it takes 3 days to port from EE apparently. 

I don't understand the hold up, as you can get numbers ported in an actual store by the time you leave the shop!

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You will receive a text or email to confirm the request has been received, if you haven't had this, you need to chase it up with customer service.
Number porting is done by a different company, not the networks, so it takes 2 working days from request.
Weekends are not working days either.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

You might be thinking of a sim swap that’s complete before you leave a shop. Normally a port should take a couple of days unless it was a weekend in which case it will have been actioned yesterday or today but I’d call to see if it has begun 

Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You will receive a text or email to confirm the request has been received, if you haven't had this, you need to chase it up with customer service.
Number porting is done by a different company, not the networks, so it takes 2 working days from request.
Weekends are not working days either.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 7

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous! Please keep us updated on how you're getting on with the number porting - any progress yet? Sorry to hear it's taken longer than normal for you!

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies!

The original request was early on a Wednesday morning!

I had to contact them again last night, turns out my original request was rejected?!

They couldn’t tell me why, they’ve put it through again & said it would be done by 6pm today.

Then received a text (first one I’ve actually had regarding this) telling me they can’t do it today (can anyone tell me why?) & it’ll be done Thursday!

Talk about a faff!

Looking forward to not having to take 2 phones around with me haha!

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
It’s 2 days from request so if requested by them today it may be tomorrow, depending on time they put it through or on Friday.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Ok thanks for the update @Anonymous! Keep us updated how it goes today? slight_smile

Message 7 of 7