cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Calling Service

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

On Friday (17th) I received a message from O2 saying that I've been invited to test their new International Calling Service with a link. The attached link was https://www.o2.co.uk/intertrial 

I was excited for this as I used to use the World Chat quite often and my last month's bill was quite a hefty one due to international calls. 

The text message I received is below:

IMG_3729.PNG

The message says that it has been already added into my account and that I did not have to do anything else. So I made a short call (to India) to test out if it was indeed active, but I was charged my usually rate of £2 per minute. instead of 2p per minute which the O2 webpage claimed. 

I called up 202 to confirm what was happening and if my rate was still infact the standard rate, and they were completely useless and they said they are not aware of any trial running at the moment, even though I asked them to specifically have a look at the webpage I linked above. 

I was wondering if anyone received a similar message and if there are anyone from O2 who's aware of this to clarify. 

Thank you

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
That would certainly make sense unless they assumed that the community would do all that work for them....

No surprise there.... 

Message 11 of 39

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

So they got that wrong too LOL

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 12 of 39

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

So they got that wrong too LOL

Certainly did.... as here we are asking O2 to enlighten us, along with everyone else wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is a beta system at the momement. But I was not given any further information beyond the text message inviting me, and the webpage. The webpage doesn't have any contact details to proivde my feedback. 

I tried to texting back to the number from which I received the invitation, however I haven't received any reply and I don't really expect one as it most likely would be an automated number.

Message 14 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

I also received same message. Tried chat online, they knew nothing. Rang 202 today and they informed me they have been given no information about this trial. They advise not using it to make calls  until further information has been issued. Apparently they have had other calls about this , not surprising!! 

We just need more info. about it. Is there a monthly charge, do we pay standard rates or do we pay the 12p( mine is Australia) without any additional charges. 

What is the point of putting customers on a trial without any information !!

I told 202 that I would like to make a complaint and they have given me an e-mail address . Although I am not expecting anything back.

complaintsreviewservice@o2.com 

Message 15 of 39

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Full description of complaints process and details here https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 39

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey guys I'll see if I can find out any info about this trial and who to contact if you have any issues. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 17 of 39

jtuk
Level 3: Thinker
  • 93 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Is this what they are replacing International Favourites with? Instead of getting 3000 minutes for £10 you pay 2p pretty minute? Not quite the same value.
I am so unhappy with O2 now. There is only a week and half before December and they have given no information about what the new service will be and how much it will cost. On the phone they tell you nothing.
It is an absolute disgrace. If I was not tied to the contract I would be with EE now who still have International add-on worth the money.
If the above is the best they can do it is no thanks from me!
Message 18 of 39

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I tried calling 202 this morning. She said she wasn't aware of the trial and had no idea of how it works and that I should await more information. 

Well this is absolutely typical of the way O2 operates. 

Message 19 of 39

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Unfortunately so.
We're still waiting for the announcement regarding the Tugo replacement service too wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 20 of 39