cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Calling Service

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

On Friday (17th) I received a message from O2 saying that I've been invited to test their new International Calling Service with a link. The attached link was https://www.o2.co.uk/intertrial 

I was excited for this as I used to use the World Chat quite often and my last month's bill was quite a hefty one due to international calls. 

The text message I received is below:

IMG_3729.PNG

The message says that it has been already added into my account and that I did not have to do anything else. So I made a short call (to India) to test out if it was indeed active, but I was charged my usually rate of £2 per minute. instead of 2p per minute which the O2 webpage claimed. 

I called up 202 to confirm what was happening and if my rate was still infact the standard rate, and they were completely useless and they said they are not aware of any trial running at the moment, even though I asked them to specifically have a look at the webpage I linked above. 

I was wondering if anyone received a similar message and if there are anyone from O2 who's aware of this to clarify. 

Thank you

Message 1 of 39
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Have a look at the FAQ's at the bottom of the trial info page @Jess863 where O2 admit to billing errors and how they will correct it.

That's all the evidence you need.

https://www.o2.co.uk/intertrial

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 35 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
@jonsie had the same message, but not sure if he's used it yet?
Clearly the trial isn't working to well for you yet !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 39

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I haven't used it yet and I haven't even looked at my account as to whether it's a bolt on or not. I have been using Line, it's obviously free over wifi and it's the preferred app for all the people in Thailand 🇹🇭. What is annoying is that I can't phone my wife unless I have wifi and I have to use Messanger now to call my son in Germany but again it's wifi dependant. 

I may just give it a shot if it says it's active.

I've also downloaded Dial 123 which seems reasonable and there is a free trial with it. 

Message 3 of 39

Cleoriff
  • 122384 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I think this should be looked into by management @MercedesS @Marjo @Martin-O2.

It's out of order that @Anonymous was invited to use this app and it didnt work.

Also, more than annoying that customer services know nothing about it? Shocked

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 39

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I think this should be looked into by management @MercedesS @Marjo @Martin-O2.

It's out of order that @Anonymous was invited to use this app and it didnt work.

Also, more than annoying that customer services know nothing about it? Shocked

Are you really that surprised or annoyed that an O2 system has once again failed ?

Yes it's a "beta" system but surely @Anonymous should have been given a contact link to report their findings ? 

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 5 of 39

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You would also have thought that CS would have been informed too!

Currently using:
Message 6 of 39

Cleoriff
  • 122384 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I just think people using this non working app could also lose a lot of money whilst they 'trial it' for O2!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 39

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
O2 have no choice but to refund anyone they have invited to the trial and then overcharged for using it.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 39

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

This is the problem, it's a trial which no one knows about. If we are the guinea pigs 🐽 then we should have been given an email address for feedback and problems or there should have been those options on the Web page and a help section with FAQs. 

Message 9 of 39

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
That would certainly make sense unless they assumed that the community would do all that work for them....

Currently using:
Message 10 of 39