cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impulse scam

Anonymous
Not applicable
Getting charged by o2 via a company called impulse . Account shows I bought something from them. I havnt I didn't know you could even buy stuff from your mobile account . Asked various advisers and complaints person to sort it eventually said they would but still more charged , criminal .
Have asked for bares on my phone now asked for a full bar on charge to mobile. Will change companies regardless know even if that works. O2 must me getting a cut to allow this to happen
Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
H
Message 2 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous It's not O2 at fault here. You need to contact the company charging you.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-scam-What/td-p/968023

Message 3 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Once they have your number they will continue to charge you, even if you change provider, so either follow the advice on the help thread or change your number and don't enter facebook competitions to win cars, phones or shopping vouchers etc in future.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Really? States on website that when a customer experiences fraud , o2 will in every case refund in full . Also will apply a full Barr on charge to mobile. O2 don't promote this option as its not in their interest
Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Who says I enter completions on Facebook? Basically your saying don't use the internet then you will be ok
Message 6 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
It's up to you if you take the advice given or try and blame it on someone else.
We can only help you so far.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Company was contacted as directed by 02, was redirected to another number which then went dead
Message 8 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not fraud as it has been done by yourself possibly clicking on links on social media sites

Message 9 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
It is fraud as I haven't given permission for money to go out of my account for no service or product , what's your classification of fraud?
If o2 can't take responsibility and blame the customer they shouldn't be in operation
Message 10 of 18