cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I wish to leave O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

My final payment for my refresh contract is on the 8th of July and the contract finishs on the 31st of July when do I need to put my notice in to cancel my subscription and how do I go about it all help greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Guide to cancelling here which should help with your questions

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/highlight/true#M56526

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Guide to cancelling here which should help with your questions

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/highlight/true#M56526

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous You can cancel whenever you like. Just finished your contract then give them 30 days notice that you wish to leave. But leave your direct debit in place until you are sure that there is nothing left to pay 

Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

call up customer services on 202 free from your phone, go through to customer services and they will talk you through it all and send you to the canx department where you can close down your account and get your PAC code should you wish to keep and carry your number to your chossen network, you will also get a final bill sent to yo within 30 days slight_smile 

Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your help and advice as I said my final payment for my device is the 8th of July and my contract ends on the 31st can I give notice now or do I wait a week or so what would you say is the optimium time to send them my cancellation, I really don't want to be paying them anything in Ausgust if I can help it.

Best wishes, Paul. slight_smile

Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cheers thanks for the info.

Best wishes, Paul. slight_smile

Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Phone 202 now and speak to customer services and they will give you a breakdown of your canx process and outstanding payments etc slight_smile 

Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous They will just send you a final bill when you cancel & that should be about it

Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
As soon as you use your PAC it will close your account and generate the final bill. The sooner you do this in relation to your end date, the less the final bill will be and will avoid a further month of payments.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 10

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

hello @Anonymous, welcome to the O2 community! 

It is sad to read that you are leaving Cry

But, please follow their advice because when reading O2 help pages here they say: "If you cancel before your contract ends, we'll need 30 days’ notice and you might be charged." So try to avoid future problems Wave 

Thank you @MI5, @Anonymous and @Anonymous for your help heart

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 10 of 10