cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I made a payment but will my direct debit still come out?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm new to pay monthly so I payed my bill over the phone, however afterwards I went to my O2 and found that the direct debit for this months bill is due to come out on the 27th. Will they still take the money even though I've already paid?

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you make a manual payment for your bill within 5 days of the direct debit being due to be taken it will still attempt the direct debit.

Customer services won't be able to cancel it either as the payment starts to be requested a few days before.

If it does come out of your direct debit you can speak to O2 to request a refund or a quicker option is to do an indemnity claim with your bank which gets the payment pulled from O2 and put back into your account. But I'd speak to customer services to check the situation first

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you make a manual payment for your bill within 5 days of the direct debit being due to be taken it will still attempt the direct debit.

Customer services won't be able to cancel it either as the payment starts to be requested a few days before.

If it does come out of your direct debit you can speak to O2 to request a refund or a quicker option is to do an indemnity claim with your bank which gets the payment pulled from O2 and put back into your account. But I'd speak to customer services to check the situation first
Message 2 of 2