cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get my PAC Code from O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting problem I have. I canceled my contract and went to a PAYG deal. O2 said they would send another SIM which ought to arrive in 2 -3 business days. When it arrived, there was no SIM card. Never mind, thought I, I will just get a PAC and switch over to the new provider. In the process of all this, I have lost the battery to the phone on which I had the O2 contract. So can't use that phone number on even the old phone now.

I am ready with a new phone all set up and waiting. Will this be a problem to get  PAC, and how would I do it not using my old mobile and O2 number, and also not using a landline which would be costly.

Thanks for any help

Robyn

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144176 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Interesting problem I have. I canceled my contract and went to a PAYG deal. O2 said they would send another SIM which ought to arrive in 2 -3 business days. When it arrived, there was no SIM card. Never mind, thought I, I will just get a PAC and switch over to the new provider. In the process of all this, I have lost the battery to the phone on which I had the O2 contract. So can't use that phone number on even the old phone now.

I am ready with a new phone all set up and waiting. Will this be a problem to get  PAC, and how would I do it not using my old mobile and O2 number, and also not using a landline which would be costly.

Thanks for any help

Robyn

No problem getting a PAC. Help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/How-to-get-your-PAC-2017-Update/ba-p/1052278

But if the transfer to PAYG has happened you have to call.

If you are still on contract, you can use live chat http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144176 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for any help

Robyn

No problem getting a PAC. Help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/How-to-get-your-PAC-2017-Update/ba-p/1052278

But if the transfer to PAYG has happened you have to call.

If you are still on contract, you can use live chat http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous welcome to our forum! Did you check the advice above from @MI5 and got all the information you needed? Also, sorry to hear that you didn't receive a SIM card when you ordered one! frowning I'm dropping you a quick PM (private message) to get some additional details - please do check when you can. smiling

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Margo. I have managed to get a new PAYG SIM ordered through the online chat. Seems I can only to the PAC code thing with an active O2 SIM. So hopefully that will sort things out so that I can arrange for the PAC code to be sent. Not sure why it needs to be so convoluted, but I do trust this will do the trick. Thanks too, MI5 for your response.

Message 4 of 5

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you Margo. I have managed to get a new PAYG SIM ordered through the online chat. Seems I can only to the PAC code thing with an active O2 SIM. So hopefully that will sort things out so that I can arrange for the PAC code to be sent. Not sure why it needs to be so convoluted, but I do trust this will do the trick. Thanks too, MI5 for your response.

Thanks @Anonymous for getting back to update us on your progress and great to hear you managed to receive a SIM in the end! Hopefully it will all go well!

To add, thanks also for your feedback regarding the process.

Message 5 of 5