cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO: Get your PAC Code from O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Note: we have an updated guide on getting your PAC in the How-to Guides section, please see here. slight_smile

If you want to contact O2 about leaving or getting a PAC, you can also use the Social links below:

Community_STS_PAC2.png
Community_STS_1.png Community_STS_2.png

Seen this a lot around the forum, so I thought I'd make a post on how to do it

Firstly, give O2 Customer Service a call on 4445 fron your O2 Mobile.
Select the option which is "Join or leave O2". Then in the next menu select the option "To leave O2".

Now, you will be put through to an advisor who will ask you for your name and phone number. Then ask them for your Port Authorisation Code. You will be asked for your security password if you have set one up with them. Don't worry if you havn't sent one up; if you don't have one then you will not need to give it to them.

You will be asked if you have a pen and paper ready to write the code down. Don't worry if you haven't because they post it out to you anyway. They will ask you for your name and address so they can post it to you.

O2 may ask for a reason for leaving and the Port Authorisation Code (PAC) is only valid from 30 days of issue. Provide your PAC code to another operator if you wish to keep your existing number from another network.

Message 1 of 119
118 REPLIES 118

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
All numbers here http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 91 of 119

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Have you tried the free numbers @Anonymous ? We all know the numbers in the contact link....

Message 92 of 119

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Have you tried the free numbers @Anonymous ? We all know the numbers in the contact link....

No, sorry.

My landline has anytime free UK calls, so I just used 0344 8090222 and got the PAC in a few minutes:smileyhappy:

Message 93 of 119

Anonymous
Not applicable

How can you phone them if ur hard of hearing? by the way I want to leave them because after bein loyal to them for many years they have seen fit to get rid of my all you can eat mobile data for 15 quid a month to a measly half a gig! why? Ive decided to switch to three cos are doing my original deal! besides I have a new phone now and I cant use my old sim anyway lol

Message 94 of 119

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You can use live chat. Link here http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 95 of 119

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried to use their Live Chat to get my PAC number.

I was on PAYG and explained that I wanted the code, and was asked why. Went through the usual blah blah blah before he said that they can't do PAC codes online if you have PAYG. Ok, but why not tell me that at the start?

I then phoned the customer "services" number which is mentioned in here, pushed the appropriate buttons then spent 43 minutes on hold. Got my PAC number but what a time to hold. I was just about to give up.

Message 96 of 119

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I'm not sure why it has to be any different for payg but a few have said the same recently.

Currently using:
Message 97 of 119

Anonymous
Not applicable

I phoned up at 8:30 this morning using the 0800 5874005 number as I'm on a contract. Got through after half a ring to the customer services number who put me through to disconnections. It rang for about 10-15 seconds before a very helpful lady answered it and sorted out my PAC code. Even got the text on my mobile with the PAC code before we'd finished the conversation. All done in less than 5 minutes. That is excellent customer service as far as I'm concerned.

Message 98 of 119

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 99 of 119

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Glad that worked out well for you.

Currently using:
Message 100 of 119