Did you mean: 

Faulty device/early upgrade

MikeF
Level 3: Thinker
  • 25 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi,

I curently have a samsung S7 which has a faulty battery, basically I get 4 -5 hours from a full charge with medium to light usage. I've been though samsung and it's out of warranty, it's out of o2 warranty and now I just want rid of it and to go back to apple (still with o2). My last device was killed by a sofware update (note 4) meaning I had to buy out early, and now I'm faced with having to do the same again I was wondering if anybody knew of any concessions offered for phones that can't quite make it until the end of th 24 months. I'd happily keep he phone if it wasn't faulty and I want to stay with o2, I just want a phone tha holds a charge without having to pay £240 to upgrade early. Any ideas?

Thanks for reading,

Mike 

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144144 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
A cheaper option might be for you to get the battery replaced yourself?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@MikeF I'm pretty certain O2 won't off you any concession on an out of warranty phone. The only thing would be to try to sell it to CEX or another recycle company. Sorry I can't offer a better alternative for you.Sad

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 10

MI5
  • 144144 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
A cheaper option might be for you to get the battery replaced yourself?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sell it to CEX & use the money to pay off the device plan
Message 4 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122796 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

If you do sell to CEX @MikeF you will get more for the device if it's unlocked

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-S...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 10

jezza1234
Level 12: Nimble
  • 341 Posts
  • 25 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

I'm with MI5. If your'e happy with the 'phone with the exception of the battery issu,e then a quick online search flags up a price of between £40-£60 for a new battery which is significantly cheaper than paying £240 to upgrade plus the deposit on the new 'phone 

Message 6 of 10

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hello @MikeF! Lots of suggestions from the community above. slight_smile Interested to hear what you end up deciding about the phone/upgrade? Let us know if you have any further questions too!

Message 7 of 10

MikeF
Level 3: Thinker
  • 25 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks guys, your input is greatly appreciated. I am going to try a new battery and upgrade in 3-4 months once christmas is out of the way, I can't face another 10 months of twice daily charging weary

Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 144144 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@MikeF wrote:

Thanks guys, your input is greatly appreciated. I am going to try a new battery and upgrade in 3-4 months once christmas is out of the way, I can't face another 10 months of twice daily charging weary

Whatever you do then, do not get an iPhone wink

Currently using:
Message 9 of 10

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@MikeF wrote:

Whatever you do then, do not get an iPhone wink

Too right 😜

Message 10 of 10