cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data running out at a rate of knots Gulp -help please!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have just loaded and registered my 12GB data on my new Pocket Hotspot Plus this evening. 

After the registration I did 4 speed test to see what I can get at my property. I noticed that the usage was going up VERY QUICKLY!

I thought I was mistaken but I checked online and just the 4 speed tests and registration has eaten up 840 mb of data and I only have 11.18 GB left (from the 12 month 12GB sim).

How can this be? I have no emails open and have only done the above. What if I watched a YouTube video - would all my GB’s be used up with an hour?

If this is normal then the unit is VERY UNAFFORDABLE. Surfing for 15-20 mins would probably use 1GB.

Can anyone explain please.

GB
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Look forward to seeing your results.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, @Anonymous thank you for saying @MI5 is a star ... he is ... hope you are able to get all sorted with his advice slight_smile

Message 12 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi MI5!

I have done some tests between my 3 network mobile unit and the O2 one and the usage is practically the same now. I didn't do the sim swap, just watched a couple of short YouTube videos to test each one of them. I videos were exactly the same ones so it was like for like. 

So, it has settled down. I really think your suggestion of changing the name and password actually worked more than anything. I cannot thank you enough for all your help.

All the best,

Gail B

Message 13 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Glad you got sorted out Gail.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 14