Did you mean: 

Data allowance did not reset

cyrillicguy
Level 8: Talented
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Hi

Today is my monthly billing date, but my data allowance did not seem to reset. Live chat says that it did reset, and I've already used 1.5 GB of my data :) That's funny as since the yesterday's evening my phone was in flight mode and on my home wifiup until now.

Anyone else had this experience? Or maybe I should just wait a bit and the glitch is going to get fixed itself?

Thanks

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

cyrillicguy
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
It's sorted now, however looks like there might be a glitch in the system somewhere.

I'll explain what I have in mind.

My phone was in a flight mode on my home wifi since yesterday evening, so it has never connected to O2 network since then. So, today, on the 14th, my billing date, I checked my allowance, noticed that the figures were the same as they were yesterday, spoke to the Live Chat, wrote a post here etc...

Once I went out and switched off the flight mode, i.e. got connected to the network, I decided to check my allowance again, and - oh, wonder! - it showed that I've got my full 5GB available, as I should have at the start of every billing cycle.

Looks like there's some glitch somewhere.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Perhaps check after midnight although data use shoukd update every 30 minutes I believe ,however a person must have gone some to use that much data in the timeframe you state !

Which phone do you use.

It may have a data counter in it.
Message 2 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

If it doesn't update after 24 hrs then I would ring CS on 202 (or 4445 for PAYG) and bypass live chat this time. It has now become an account issue and Live Chat are best avoided for that

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
It's a regular thing with O2 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 10

cyrillicguy
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
It's sorted now, however looks like there might be a glitch in the system somewhere.

I'll explain what I have in mind.

My phone was in a flight mode on my home wifi since yesterday evening, so it has never connected to O2 network since then. So, today, on the 14th, my billing date, I checked my allowance, noticed that the figures were the same as they were yesterday, spoke to the Live Chat, wrote a post here etc...

Once I went out and switched off the flight mode, i.e. got connected to the network, I decided to check my allowance again, and - oh, wonder! - it showed that I've got my full 5GB available, as I should have at the start of every billing cycle.

Looks like there's some glitch somewhere.
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good news.

Thanks for updating.
Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Definitely a glitch as it shouldn't make any difference what your phone is doing.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 10

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Another glitch? ....Certainly looks like it.

Oh well it has reset now @cyrillicguy  so that's the good thing wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for flagging @cyrillicguy  I'll be feeding it back to the rest of the team. 

Message 10 of 10