cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract cancelled, device payment wrongly taken ; won't refund!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys!

Firstly, hope you're all doing good, it's been so long slight_smile

Anyway, I'm not back on good terms unfortunately.

As you might or might not be aware, I was granted a penalty free cancellation very kindly due to ongoing signal issues and the fact where I live is on a coverage "edge".

I returned the device back as asked which was all well and good until the £550 outstanding balance came out my bank account on the 18th.

I was obviously a bit worried as to where this massive amount of money disappeared to so you can imagine my frustration when I realised the source.

Anwyay..... my issues don't stop there.

On the 19th May I contacted the Complaints team who confirmed that the device had been received back on the day payment had been taken and that they were rasing a refund. I was to receive £550 plus £50 for the amount I had already paid towards the phone and that I would receive the refund within the next few days.... Excellent ; except the refund never appeared!

Got back in touch on the 23rd May ;  I was told that the terms of the cancellation was to just waive off the airtime cost and to be charged the device plan. After a bit of investigation, they concluded I was to receive a £600 refund and it would be in the bank by 5 working days.... again, refund never appeared.

Once again, got back in touch on the 29th May, to be told the refund request hadn't been raised and that it was now being raised for £621.81 ; this was due to the fact that I noted i was now into my overdraft, incurring£3 per day usage fees plus interest. Again 5 days to receive the refund..... still nothing!

The best bit comes from today 2nd June ; The advisor started with saying the refund was sent on the 25th May and that I made a card payment again for £550 on the 27th May for some bizaare reason and then totally u-turned and confirmed that no refund request has ever been raised from the account and that I have to directly contact o2 payments team to get the refund sent back to me. The reason for this is because you no longer have my bank details apparantly (I still have an ipad account on the same account for my mum which wasn't cancelled as the problematic signal doesn't bother her so much when she uses wifi mainly!) and the fact I had a credit put into my bank for an unrelated matter on the 25th May.

Oh, and did I mention that today (2nd June) I received a default letter for the 'outstanding' sum of £550?

It's a disgrace really from start to finish ; sitting at nearly £400 overdrawn, incurring fees daily and now I have to chase something up that I was assured was sorted nearly 2 weeks ago. I have been credited £10 for the loss and inconvenience though....!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

So sorry to hear of this @Anonymous I think this has gone on long enough. It may be time to ask @Toby to step in to help now...otherwise you will continue to go round in circles. I can't believe this is till ongoing. I hope Toby will be able to help slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hopefully. Thank goodness it's payday tomorrow at least so I can get out the overdraft!

Constant lies are actually unbelievable really. I appreciate mistakes can happen but to be lied to by several advisors really isn't acceptable. i'm not asking for much.... just my money back 😞

Message 3 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hopefully. Thank goodness it's payday tomorrow at least so I can get out the overdraft!

Constant lies are actually unbelievable really. I appreciate mistakes can happen but to be lied to by several advisors really isn't acceptable. i'm not asking for much.... just my money back 😞

Doubly disappointing when you thought you initially had a brilliant resolution to this. slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 8

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous ........send in the bailiffs !

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 5 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22937 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Nightmare scenario @Anonymous. Hope you get it sorted out soon.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 8

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous, lovely to see you back, but sorry about the reason why!

Send me a PM about this and we'll see what we can do to help.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 7 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

This seems to happen far too often, they put it down to automated system errors but it's the apathy  shown by customer service that is truly rage invoking.

Message 8 of 8