cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classic payg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you please tell me why my blance has reduced  by £1 during today when I have not made any calls or texts?

Thank you

Message 1 of 30
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
There is a £1 web daily charge for data use.
Turn off mobile data on handset if not required.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

MI5
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
There is a £1 web daily charge for data use.
Turn off mobile data on handset if not required.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for reply, turned off data usage and guess what!   balance increased by 97p.  Funny old world.

Message 3 of 30

MI5
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
It certainly is slight_smile
Glad you're sorted.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 30

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for reply, turned off data usage and guess what!   balance increased by 97p.  Funny old world.

Wow Weird

Message 5 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

where in tarif info does it advise about £1 per day charge?

I dont have internet on my phone so definitely would not want to be charged

AND

obviously I cannot turn it off!!

Message 6 of 30

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

There is no web daily charge on the new classic PAYG from 17th november 2016 http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/pay-as-you-go-charges-terms-classic-pay-as-you-go

On classic since 17 11 2016 it is charged at 5p a mb

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-as-you-go/classic-pay-as-you-go

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 7 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
many thanks for clarification. as is clear I am 'new' and just getting to kow it!!
Message 8 of 30

MI5
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
It refers to turning data off on phone anyway, not on the tariff.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have recently joined the Classic PAYG  from a previous old type of PAYG. There is no "daily" charge  of £1 for data. If your account gets deducted by £1, just wait a couple of hours and it will be recredited automatically without the need to switch data off. I gather this is a bit of a" hang on 2" from some previous tarriff system and they have not upgraded the software properly.

What is more concerning with this "new" Classic PAYG tarriff is that it does not correctly assess the data you are using. I have instances where my phone is using very small amounts of "background " data, i.e. the android system contol etc. , i.e. typically less than  say 0.02Mb at a time, but  my balance gets deducted by 1p. This effectively would work out at 50p per Mb instead of the 5p per Mb as quoted for this tarriff !!.

This" hopefully" may be looked into by O2 and perhaps the software updated so it properly counts the data used and charges correctly the 5p per Mb. as advertised. Otherwise it will contravening consumer laws.

Message 10 of 30