Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charges for Cancellation

chocolatesox
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there, hoping that you guys can help me out!

I am on a o2 Refresh contract and in a couple of weeks I am able to "Upgrade on us" if I return the handset.

What would happen if I choose to not upgrade and cancel my contract? By returning the phone and using the cost of that to pay off my Device Plan; would I have to pay a fee to cancel my Airtime plan, or just the one payment to account for the 30 days notice period.

Hope this makes sense to you and you can help me out. I've been searching for ages for my answer and just getting confused.

Let me know if you need any more information!

Thanks in advance slight_smile

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @chocolatesox all you need to do is pay off the device plan then give 30 days notice on the airtime 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @chocolatesox all you need to do is pay off the device plan then give 30 days notice on the airtime 

Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Refresh guide here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/How-does-O2-Refresh-work/ba-p/1014093
Once device is paid you just need to give 30 days notice on your airtime plan, so one further month needs to be paid on airtime only.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The only way to return the phone in that scenario would be to use O2 Recycle. You can't just return the phone and cancel thee device plan.

Beware though and take photos of the condition of the handset before thinking of Recycling through O2. You will get more for it by selling it privately or using your local cex store. 

Message 4 of 5

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @chocolatesox how are you doing? Did you get all the information you needed to clarify the cancellation process? Please let us know and don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions. 

Message 5 of 5