cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for international call not made

Anonymous
Not applicable

Been charged for an international mobile call that I did not make. It is on my bill but never appeared on my call log. No one else has access to my mobile. Customer service said they would investigate and get back to me in 5 working days but never did and after a online chat I was told that the investigation concluded that the call came from my sim. I have said that I will formally complain but how do you prove no call was made? Anybody else had this problem?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
No, never had the problem.
Raise a complaint if you think it's justified but o2 rarely bill incorrectly.
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
o2 rarely bill incorrectly.

You've said that several times in the last couple of weeks.

Knowing that some of O2's systems are "not fit for purpose", it's quite possible that their billing system has also been corrupted.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
There is the well known paying off a device plan early issue and having the total contractual costs incorrectly billed, but that aside, usage costs are rarely wrong.
I believe the last post I made that statement on was proven to be correct billing but the customer was unaware that iMessage activation required the use of a text message.
The point is that the customer may not be aware that a call or text was placed, but the system (however glitchy) correctly billed it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

You say:

the customer may not be aware that a call or text was placed, but the system (however glitchy) correctly billed it.

How can the customer not be aware a call or text was placed if they did not make it and no one else has access to the device?

Message 5 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Some apps can place calls or send texts for verification purposes. You can check by looking at the permissions that are allowed for each app in your settings.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

Blyth287
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had the exact same problem.  Charged for international call I did not make.  Took a lengthy phone call with me having to repeat over and over that I did not make this call for my money to be refunded  - no apology, no explanation how this happened.  Complained to o2 and sent photo of call history on my phone showing I did not make any calls at all on the day in question.  Told they would look into it ASAP and reply within 7 working days but this did not happen. Contacted o2 again but have received no response.  I am now taking my complaint to Ofcom and anyone else who has had money taken from their account for calls they did not make should do the same.

Message 7 of 8

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6530 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1480 Solutions

OFCOM don't handle individual complaints of that nature.

Usually, when this happens there is a technical reason. O2 don't put these charges on randomly 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 8 of 8