cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for canceling contract after 3 hrs !!!! and no 89.99 refund !!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all where do i go from here !!

Ordered phone and monthly sim plan on 13th march 2017 paid 89.99 upfront.

Due to unforeseen circumstances had to cancel contract (by landline phone) 3 hrs later.

14th March refused delivery of phone and signed electronically order canceled as instructed by o2.

17 march o2 says they have the undelivered phone back and will cancel my contract within

the 14 day period.

17 march - checked my o2 online ......contract canceled but NO refund of my 89,99 and charged 18.00 for a phone i never had !!

Can anyone help, lost count how many times i have phoned o2 and used live chat over the last few days

getting nowhere sorting this mess out !!

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Turns out it was not auto generated... had a response from them saying it was disconnection fees but
I filed a complaint and now they say they are going to reverse their decision and fully refund me at some point.

Should never have been charged in the first place didn't even touch the phone or activate the sim etc.

Anyway hopefully over the next few weeks they will finally refund me everything.

thanks for your help will update again if anything else happens
Message 11 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

hopefully this will be resolved now

Message 12 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Yes please come back and update us @Anonymous I hope it is sorted soon....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Untitled.jpgo2 bill email.jpg

Now i'm being charged 18.00 plus late fees what next ! said i would keep you updated

Message 14 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144072 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Have you raised the official complaint yet?
You must also Lee calling customer service until someone gets hold of this and sorts it out for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes i made a formal complaint and recieved this response almost 2 weeks ago but still being bullied & hassled to pay it plus late fees for a device cancelled & never recieved after 3 hrs !!!

21 March 2017
Our reference: 3886301
Mobile number: 07710 627 748
Dear Mr Potton
My understanding of your complaint
Thank you for letting us know you’ve had a problem and for giving us a chance to help. To do this I
have considered your complaint and all of the issues involved. Having done so I believe your complaint
should partially upheld. I will now explain my reason why.
You’ve been charged for a contract that you requested to cancel. You took out your contract on 13
March 2017 and paid £89.99 upfront cost. You were advised to refuse delivery of the order on 14
March 2017. On 17 March you received confirmation that your contract had been cancelled as a 14 day
cancellation. You checked you My O2 and could see that the contract had been cancelled but you’d still
been charged £18.
You’d like to have upfront payment refunded back.
My actions
I’m sorry that you’ve had reason to raise a complaint. I appreciate how frustrating this can be.
When you take out a contract your first bill is produced on the following day as you pay you line rental a
month in advance. Your bill was produced on 14 March 2017 for £18. This is part of our business rules
and due to this, I’m unable to uphold this element of your complaint.
I can see that your order was returned on 17 March 2017 and your contract was subsequently
terminated. Our advisor should’ve informed you of our cancellation procedure, that although a bill had
been produced, any payment made towards this would be refunded when your final bill is produced. As
this wasn’t explained, I’ll be upholding this element of your complaint. Please be assured that the
relevant feedback will be passed for our advisor.
I’ve applied a credit of £18 to your account and I’ve cancelled the payment request made to your bank
for payment of this amount. A final bill is set to produce on 23 March 2017, for zero balance.
I’ve requested for the £89.99 upfront payment you made to be refunded back to the account you paid
from. Please allow up to 15 working days to receive this.

Message 16 of 16