cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged a large amount of VAT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I'd like to know why I'm being charged nearly £10 each month on top of my tariff for VAT?

There is nothing on the tariff explaining it will be X amount a month + VAT. I've had this contract for nearly 2 years, have enquired once before on a phone call but got no real solution.

It's very expensive, it's not like I can claim the VAT back. If this is how O2 works, I shall be moving away in March when I can upgrade.

Thanks
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144147 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
The vat element is broken down in your bill but the total bill + vat should equal the advertised amount for you base tariff less any out of allowance charges.
Therefore, a £40 tariff will be shown as £32 plus £8 vat (roughly).
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous as we have no access to your account you will have to take this up with O2 https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Or 8002 if you are a business customer...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous all consumer contracts are vat inclusive so there shouldn’t be anything untoward there 

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not a business customer, if i was it would make sense to see the VAT on there.

@Anonymous

Thats what i was thinking. I'm gona have to contact them....I think a rather large refund is due.
Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I agree....keep on to them @Anonymous. If not satisfied with the response then make a complaint https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 144147 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
The vat element is broken down in your bill but the total bill + vat should equal the advertised amount for you base tariff less any out of allowance charges.
Therefore, a £40 tariff will be shown as £32 plus £8 vat (roughly).
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous,

As they said, the O2 community is a group of customers like you so we cannot see your account. If you need assistance with your account, please follow their advice and find the best way for you to get in touch with Customer Service here.

Please let us know if there’s anything else we can do and welcome to the O2 community!  Wave

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 7 of 7