cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing name of contract holder or upgrading but to a new holder.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I took out a contract for my son 16 months ago. But we now want to change it over to his name. Is this possible?

If not, we will be upgrading to o2 refresh using the 25% discount on the early termination fee. Is it possible to put the upgraded one into his name instead of mine?

Otherwise if I cancel the contract then we'll lose out on the 25% discount but still be upgrading in a sense...

I am retired now and he is old enough to pay his own bill now hence why we would like to change it over.

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, I took out a contract for my son 16 months ago. But we now want to change it over to his name. Is this possible?

If not, we will be upgrading to o2 refresh using the 25% discount on the early termination fee. Is it possible to put the upgraded one into his name instead of mine?

Otherwise if I cancel the contract then we'll lose out on the 25% discount but still be upgrading in a sense...

I am retired now and he is old enough to pay his own bill now hence why we would like to change it over.

Thanks

You can either get the 25% speed to refresh discount by upgrading and keeping the contract in your name or setup a new contract in your sons name and then transfer the number which will not be eligible for the discount. It's an either or.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

You would both need to be on the call to O2 and he will have to pass a credit check.

Phone O2 on 202 to enquire.
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Either is possible as long as your Son can pass the credit checks...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks

You can either get the 25% speed to refresh discount by upgrading and keeping the contract in your name or setup a new contract in your sons name and then transfer the number which will not be eligible for the discount. It's an either or.

Message 4 of 4