cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best tariff for Canada??

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am currently on Pay as You Go and top-up £10 every month for unlimited texts and 100 minutes.

I am off to Canada soon and wondered if I should be changing my tariff? If so, what would be the best tariff?

Thank you for your help.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Your cheapest option would be a local PAYG sim from Canada, but make sure your phone is unlocked first. Your "unlimited" texts are for UK use only, prices quoted are per minute.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

Hi Jeanzer.

There is no international tariff available.

Your best option is to just set a budget and top your phone up before you go and try and make it last.

Full charges are available here.

Hope this helps and enjoy your trip.

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your reply. And for the link.
I believe that it will cost 49p to send a text!!! Robery! How does that work with 'unlimited texts'? And where it states 99p to call a landline and £1.49 to mobiles: does that mean per minute?
Sorry if questions are obvious.....ime a mobile newbee!
Kindest regards.
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Your cheapest option would be a local PAYG sim from Canada, but make sure your phone is unlocked first. Your "unlimited" texts are for UK use only, prices quoted are per minute.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you MI5
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Enjoy your trip slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6