Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOLT ON COMPLAINT

Pablovski
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have bought two data bolt ons over the past 48 hours, using the online chat service as the normal purchase system has been failing. both in app and on website.

both times the agent promised it would be credited immediately. Neither has been credited, and the online purchase system remains out of order.

anyone else being let down by O2 like this ?

P.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Never had a problem personally but your best option is to call customer service to see what is happening. Has the money been debited from your account?

Message 2 of 18

Pablovski
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i've called them twice now...all they do is say they'll sort it out, then wish me a very happy and lucky day.

not so happy nor lucky so far!

Message 3 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You can always try the complaints process here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 18

chrisymon
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 134 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Is this the first time you tried to add a data bolt on. If your on a sharing data tarriff dont think you can add a data bolt on. I will look into that for you. 

"I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited." Currently using S7 edge
Message 5 of 18

Pablovski
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

HI

No ... i've been able to purchase bolt ons before.

The chatline agent said she'd purchased one for me and debited the account.

The chatline agent on teh phone said he'd done the same because it hadn't been done the first time.

Today, the chatline agent apologised and said that there was no record of the previous two. but that they will sort it out. Obviously, this is the third time so (i) i don;t trust O2 agents and (ii) i'm off to the shop at lunchtime to sort it out which defeats the whole purpose of an online help agency.

Message 6 of 18

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
@chrisymon I can guarantee that u can buy a bolt on whilst on a sharing plan, as I've done it 😉

Not sure where u get that idea from in the first place tbqh?
Message 7 of 18

chrisymon
  • 134 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I think there an ongoing issue with your account which is preventing the data to be added. If you have no luck today I would call customer services back and stay on the line til they confirm it has been added successfully. 

"I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited." Currently using S7 edge
Message 8 of 18

gindygoo
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

I did it just two months ago 😁 although I'm the lead sharer.. Does @chrisymon mean if you're not the lead maybe?

Clarification needed...

Message 9 of 18

gindygoo
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
@chrisymon a little more info would be super...

I'm genuinely curious as to what exactly it is you can't do whilst being on a data sharing plan? Also a link to the corresponding blurb for future quotes would be great too?

Cheers 😁
Message 10 of 18