cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After calling for monthly contract cancellation and PAC number provision.....

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

I'm on a O2 simplicity 100 pay monthly contract and I've just called to give my 30-day notice and cancel it. I've also received the PAC number, so that I can transfer my number to another provider.

What I would like to know is:

• When is it best to start the mobile number tranfer by using the PAC number, without being charged? In my case, my monthly contract run between 21st and 20th of the month. Today (16/2) I asked the cancellation and the PAC is valid until 17/3.
  • The PAC number expires on 17/3. Does it mean with 17/3 included or it is actually up until 16/3?

Many Thanks,

Lydia

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144171 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Considering the fact that it can take 2-3 days to action a PAC request, I would start the process around the 12th of next month.
You will lose a couple of days that you have paid to O2 but it will ensure you don't have any problems with the PAC not been valid.
Using the PAC immediately cancels the contract so no worries about having to give notice.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

Sorry to hear your leaving.

Thread link
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Obtaining-a-PAC-Code-from-the-O2-Network/m-p/54427...
Your PAC code is valid for 30 days from its issue to you.
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144171 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Considering the fact that it can take 2-3 days to action a PAC request, I would start the process around the 12th of next month.
You will lose a couple of days that you have paid to O2 but it will ensure you don't have any problems with the PAC not been valid.
Using the PAC immediately cancels the contract so no worries about having to give notice.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3