cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 months and still no SIM card but billed in full each month.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone e,she had issues getting a new SIM card after having one blocked. In May my relationship broke down and 02 have refused time and time again to send me a new SIM card.... they have billed me each month despite me not having access to the service. I have made endless attempts to resolve this.... and have finally given up and contacted the financial ombudsman .... has anyone else had issues and how were they they resolved?

Message 1 of 59
58 REPLIES 58

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@MI5 and @jonsie Which is why I mentioned O2 taking ownership of the problem, it needs somebody to get off-script and discuss how to arrive at the solution with @Anonymous

This >>>> "they claim they can’t send me a SIM card out with first sending me a security code to the number witch is barred" <<<<<< is a classic Catch 22 situation and nobody in O2 can see it.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 21 of 59

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@MI5 and @jonsie Which is why I mentioned O2 taking ownership of the problem, it needs somebody to get off-script and discuss how to arrive at the solution with @Anonymous

This >>>> "they claim they can’t send me a SIM card out with first sending me a security code to the number witch is barred" <<<<<< is a classic Catch 22 situation and nobody in O2 can see it.

Exactly spot on. Maybe time to Google 'CEO O2' and drop his office an email.....  

Message 22 of 59

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
It’s difficult to comment further without all the facts.
O2 must see a security risk that cannot be easily resolved here.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable

There was initially problems with the security question as my exe changed it, but that’s been dealt with. Now my only issue is I’m unable to retrieve the code they want to send to an inactive and barred sim. I habe another number on the account witch is for my tablet however there refuse to use this number to identify me.

I also forgot to mention part of the issue is by the time I’d resolved the security issues... I had moved adress. This is why they need to send me a security code to the barred sim.

as already mentioned it’s catch 22 and I’m out of ideas to resolve it

Message 24 of 59

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Have you actually tried in store?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 25 of 59

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous .....yes there are security problems but it just needs O2 to use a little common sense, take ownership and resolve the problem with you......the initial problem has not been caused by them but they are not helping by creating the Catch 22 situation.

Message 26 of 59

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Ok that explains why they need to text a security code because of the address change and they won't send a sim card to an unverified address 

Message 27 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah.... I understand that fully, but as already mentioned I also have a tablet on the same account witch I should be able to use to identify me and change my adress, but they won’t accept that.

theybare adiment the message has to be send to the phone rather than tablet.

iv been to store but am told my passport isn’t mine, utility billls they wouldn’t accept.

i only moved adress 6 weeks ago when all this began in May. Me moving adress has made this matter more complicated but is by no means the cause of it. As I said all this happened in May.

Message 28 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable

May I also add.... that when I decided to test them and asked if it would be possible or take out an additional contract and new handset and have them delivered to my new adress.... there wasn’t a security issue and they were more than happy to help me with this. 

Of of course I was stupid enough to go through with it I just wanted to test then and see if secuitybwas really the issue.

inhabe full access to my 02 account, tablet p, provided them with I.d, bank stamens, utility bills, my edmail adress and other number all linked to the account.

i just find they are being unreasonabley difficult.

Message 29 of 59

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Do you know if the SIM is still barred ?....or has ex had the bar lifted with the new security details ?

Message 30 of 59