cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 months and still no SIM card but billed in full each month.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone e,she had issues getting a new SIM card after having one blocked. In May my relationship broke down and 02 have refused time and time again to send me a new SIM card.... they have billed me each month despite me not having access to the service. I have made endless attempts to resolve this.... and have finally given up and contacted the financial ombudsman .... has anyone else had issues and how were they they resolved?

Message 1 of 59
58 REPLIES 58

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
I assume the contract wasn’t in your name?
Has the sim been sent to your ex?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 59

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

If the contract wasn't in the OP's name, why would they be getting billed?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 59

MI5
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
You can pay from a different account.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 59

Bambino
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@MI5 Do you mean someone other than the account holder can pay the bill? Even so, if the account is not in the OP's name, how would they know when they were being billed, unless they're paying by Direct Debit? The OP's post is confusing. They haven't explained why O2 won't issue a new sim other than the fact that a relationship broke down.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 59

MI5
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
Yes, that’s what I am assuming but clarification is required.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 59

Bambino
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous If you can come back and clarify why O2 has refused you a SIM, we might be able to help. I don't think you'll get much satisfaction from contacting the ombudsman.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable

They have gave me loads of excuses for not sending me a SIM card out... as stated it’s been ongoing since May. Ombisman habe already agreed to support me so get back the money I paid as I was also being denied service. And to help me get my contract terminated.

Message 8 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable
Long story short, after I had the phone and sim barred my exe used my details and changed all security setting so I had no access to my account.

It look a couple of months to resolve this problem with 02.

But the SIM card issues comes because they need to send me a security code to my phone in order to send me a SIM card.... but of course I don’t habe a SIM card for them to send a code too.

I have other numbers attached to my account but they claim they are unable to identify me and send a SIM card using the other number

I’m stuck in a curcle and can’t find a way out.
Message 9 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable

No the contract was in my name, that’s why I had the SIM card barred.... but they claim they can’t send me a SIM card out with first sending me a security code to the number witch is barred 🙄

Message 10 of 59