Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what am i paying for?

BSW
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i'm paying £9/month for a very basic alcatel 2038, which i believed was for my call/text allowance. i paid £15 to walk out of the store with the phone, believing it to now belong to me. however, the phone won't work unless i top it up. are any of my assumptions about my purchase wrong, or am i paying twice (monthly DD and top ups) when i shouldn't be?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

If you are on a contract with direct debits there is no way you should be topping up. You can't top up a pay monthly phone.

Message 2 of 3

BSW
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks jonsie. they gave me a £10 bigbundle 3gb unlimited texts/minutes sim card to go with it, if that makes any difference. i finally figured out that as i have no need of the data usage that i could downsize to the £5 bundle. i told the guy in store that i didn't need data, so wonder why he gave me that sim pack? in any event, a £5 bundle is still bad if i don't need to be topping up, eh? the thing is, i can't seem to find out on myo2 any accounting of where the £9 goes to or why. it will show me my balance from my top ups but i've no idea of where to find an itemization of my DD payments. on top of all this, customer service auto messages and website says don't call if it's not an emergency, and £9/month hardly seems to be one, but that's my money dude! 

Message 3 of 3