Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

top up

bbox
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Tried to top up my payg and it just keeps saying failed, contact your bank or use another card, ive used 2 diff cards and banks same result , is this because im using an old 123 type sim? still have £1.43 balance, just cant add to it

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144153 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@bbox As you have credit alrady I assume it's not your first top up, so I'd give customer service a call on 4445 to see if there is an issue they can sort out for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@bbox 

Have you topped up with the card before? The first top up has to be by voucher. Having said that, quite a few people seem to be having problems with cards recently.

All ways to top up here Guide How to Top Up (PAYG) 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 144153 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@bbox As you have credit alrady I assume it's not your first top up, so I'd give customer service a call on 4445 to see if there is an issue they can sort out for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 5

bbox
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Aye, topped up before, usually just pay in the shop but they closed for good, Web pay thing goes as far as the bank pop up checking the account then closes with the Web saying failed speak to your bank tried another card same result,as Mi5 says I'll just call see what's wrong
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144153 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@bbox 

You'll probably just need to register a card with customer service.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5