Did you mean: 

test

Kate2603
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello! My name is Kate.

Im leaving the UK for 5 months. I dont want to cancel my tariff and get the new number when I'll be back and I also dont want to pay that much all these 5 months (because ill be out of country).

Pay as you go? How does it work? Will I have the same number as I have right now? I'm leaving on 20.04.2019 and if I order this sim now, I have time till it reaches me. But I dont know how does it work etc.

Also, when I'll be back, I would like to go back tto my plan again.

Message 1 of 21
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Kate2603 just login to your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 and change your tariff to the classic payg. You keep the same sim and number, then, when you get back home, do the same to change back to your current bundle.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Hi @Kate2603 if you choose the classic payg tariff you won't have to top up any more during the 5 months you are away and you can then switch back to your bundle when you return home.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 21

Kate2603
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Alright, got it. Thanks!

But when Ill request for classic pay as you go - is it going to be my number that I have right now or other one?

And if its going to be the one that I have right now, how would i need to cancel the bundle that I have right now? Or it will swwitch off automatically as soon as I insert a pay as you go sim in my phone.

Message 3 of 21

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Kate2603 just login to your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 and change your tariff to the classic payg. You keep the same sim and number, then, when you get back home, do the same to change back to your current bundle.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 21

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I think you should be able to change tariff in My O2. I'm not overly sure though as I'm not P&G

Message 5 of 21

Kate2603
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Uhh.. Im struggling to find it.

Could you please help me? After I login to myO2 I only see upgrade, pay as you go top up (but not classic one), broadband pay as you go or pay monthly and thats it.

Message 6 of 21

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You need to go into the tariff details section @Kate2603 but you can also call 4445 for customer service to do it for you.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 21

Kate2603
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I found it, but here what they say:

No tariffs available

There aren't any tariffs for you to change to at the moment. This could be because there aren't any other tariffs suitable for your contract or you may not be able to move to a lower tariff yet.

Message 8 of 21

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 9 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Are you contract then or do you have a P&G big bundle?

Certainly sounds as if @Kate2603 is currently on a contract, in which case there is no way to pause or change it?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 21