cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

temporary connection to another internet (broadband box) when the credit is zero

sara261167
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi 

Sara Brown here

Whenever I run out of credit on my Pay & Go account -to save a little money I prefer to connect up my phone to my sky internet which it shows up as having done so 

For some reason although the sim is an o2 P & G it wont let me send texts - look at the internet etc until I top up

Why wont it allow me to do this I wouldve thought that if I chose to not top up but still want to use the phone then this was a choice open to me

I messaged using the online chat - talking to Yusuf & asked him this hoping that given he's a on online tech guru he could give me a straight answer -but seemed to me he was steering the conversation which could mess up my sky internet box which was the last thing I wanted because Im paying sky monthly for my internet /TV/Landline 

In the end I had to end the conversation with him because of it 

So could someone please help me with my enquiry

thanks

sara

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Calling, sending texts and using data (browsing internet, using some apps, etc) all are chargeable, ie come from your credit.
If you have wifi at home you would be better using that instead of your credit as then you can still text.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

Hi @sara261167 

@Unfortunately you cannot send an sms over data. You need mobile credit for them. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

sara261167
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there

Why is that though? 

Message 3 of 9

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Calling, sending texts and using data (browsing internet, using some apps, etc) all are chargeable, ie come from your credit.
If you have wifi at home you would be better using that instead of your credit as then you can still text.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@sara261167 wrote:

Hi there

Why is that though? 

It's the way o2 systems work I'm afraid. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@sara261167 If you want to send texts over WiFi at home, download WhatsApp, and have the friends you want to keep in touch with download it too. Both parties need to have the app. You can talk, text, and make video calls all for free if it's over WiFi.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 9

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

sara261167
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello

I didnt say you were lazy .- If I did then obviously apologies are in order on my part & Im sorry bt I dont think I did say it
Message 8 of 9

sara261167
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

ok cheers

Message 9 of 9