Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Kate7395  You need to speak to customer service: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/How-to-find-help-amp-contact-O2-A-Guide/m-p/1201416

If you are unable to use any of those numbers you can call for free from any phone on 0800 032 1402

If the account is halted just because of inactivity it will depend on how long the account has been inactive. If it's been too long, the number may have been reassigned. You'll need to speak to customer service to find this out.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Kate7395  You need to speak to customer service: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/How-to-find-help-amp-contact-O2-A-Guide/m-p/1201416

If you are unable to use any of those numbers you can call for free from any phone on 0800 032 1402

If the account is halted just because of inactivity it will depend on how long the account has been inactive. If it's been too long, the number may have been reassigned. You'll need to speak to customer service to find this out.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Can't give Kudo to an Off-Topic discussion, I reckon a mod may move this to a more appropriate discussion topic so it can be marked as "Solved" as well. 

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Kate7395 

Once reinstated, your credit may take 24 hours to be applied if you had any on your account.

In future, you need to make a chargeable call or send a text at least once every 6 months and top up at least every 999 days.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to add in case the number you had was brought in from another service provider (and this is a long shot)

Ported numbers get returned to the original network operator where they are required to remain in quarantine for 6 months before they can be allocated to a new customer.

Have a look here http://static.ofcom.org.uk/static/numbering/index.htm#pers (Personal Numbering, Radiopaging & Mobile Service numbers) which will open in an Excel spreadsheet.

Look up your five digit prefix which will show whom it was originally allocated to (note that Virgin Mobile numbers like mine was for example actually come under EE)

You could try and write to them but if they agree be prepared to have to spend a tenner to activate a PAYG SIM on their network to have it attached to and then text PAC to 65075 tp request a PAC to port out.

Note that a number is never yours which is why I've said this is a long shot and the chances of it working are slim but if you don't try you'll never know.

Message 5 of 5