Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phones

Gemma10
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I was looking to buy a sim free phone as I already have a sim but wanted to no doesnt the device take any sim or just 02
Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23059 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Gemma10 A sim free phone will take a sim from any network. Most new phones use nano sims or esims. If you currently have a nano sim, all you have to do is put the sim you have now in the new phone. If your sim is a different size, the easiest way to swap it would be to call into an O2 store, if you have one nearby, and they will do the swap for you. If your new phone takes an esim you will have to call O2 to have it activated. All O2 numbers are here: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23059 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Gemma10 A sim free phone will take a sim from any network. Most new phones use nano sims or esims. If you currently have a nano sim, all you have to do is put the sim you have now in the new phone. If your sim is a different size, the easiest way to swap it would be to call into an O2 store, if you have one nearby, and they will do the swap for you. If your new phone takes an esim you will have to call O2 to have it activated. All O2 numbers are here: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Gemma10 hope you're doing well and got everything sorted with your new SIM free phone with the great help from @Bambino above! Do pop back in anytime if you have any additional questions. slight_smile

Message 3 of 3