Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone Stolen replace pay and go sim

Charlieboyoo
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 284 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 6 Solutions
Hi everyone,I have a pay and go sim registered on my name which I got for a friend.He got his phone stolen,asked me to get it blocked which I did.I phoned up customer services to get a new sim sent out to get his number back.When I spoke to someone,I did all the security stuff then highlighted I need a replacement sim.They said they will send out a new sim with a new number.I said wat about the current number?sure just phone up when you get it and you can get it transferred.Im like,wat about the money?sure it will transfer over.Thats some messing about like,would of went to a local store but I can’t til Friday due to working and stores closing early.Wats the point registering the sim if it’s going to be so much grief to get it replaced?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Charlieboyoo 

As I'm sure you are aware, the replacement sim should come with the correct number on it already.

Any credit will be returned to new sim within 24 hours.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

Charlieboyoo
  • 284 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 6 Solutions
Yeah that’s wat I thought.but they aren’t bothering,trying to send out a new number.its really frustrating
Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Wait and see what arrives @Charlieboyoo 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 11

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Charlieboyoo good to hear from you again and sorry about your friend's phone. Hope it all goes fine with the SIM - let us know how you get on when it arrives slight_smile

Message 5 of 11

Charlieboyoo
  • 284 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 6 Solutions
Hi Marjo,thanks.yeah will do.
Message 6 of 11

Charlieboyoo
  • 284 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 6 Solutions
Hi everyone got sorted,ended up going to local store.The girl at the door wasn’t clued in,but thankfully the guy I dealt with was.Very friendly and got it sorted for so quite pleased.
Message 7 of 11

Charlieboyoo
  • 284 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

Hi Marjo,would you be able to give feedback to the gentleman in the store who sorted me out.Hes very friendly,found him to be very helpful and I would like to do the right thing and have him told that he did a great job and keep the good work up!

thanks

@Marjo wrote:

Hey @Charlieboyoo good to hear from you again and sorry about your friend's phone. Hope it all goes fine with the SIM - let us know how you get on when it arrives slight_smile

Message 8 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Charlieboyoo 

I'll tag @Marjo  so she sees your post on Monday. thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Good news. Please all sorted for you.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 11